Carole Nash Historic Festival 2022July 27, 2022
Irelands only Historic Race Festival
August 2022 marks the return of Irelands’ only Historic Race Festival, with their new sponsorship partner Carole Nash one of Irelands largest motorcycle insurance specialists – offering insurance cover not just for motorcycles but also Classic Cars too! Get ready to step back in time with the much-awaited Carole Nash Historic Festival!
The legendary historic motor race meeting, celebrating Vintage and Classic Racing Cars and Motorcycles from the glamour of the roaring ‘20s through to the swinging ‘60s, takes place at Mondello Park on Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 of August. It’s set to be an unmissable event for motor racing enthusiasts, car lovers and Formula 1 fans alike.
Car SOS host and fellow petrol head Tim Shaw will also be in attendance on Sunday. Tim will be in the paddocks interviewing some of the drivers and you can catch Tim on the Carole Nash stand, located in the paddock, at 12pm where you can pick up a Carole Nash goodie bag and chat to the man himself.
On track, there will be The Irish International Grand Prix Trophy, The Dublin Grand Prix Trophy and new for ’22, the St. Brigid’s Trophy, amongst many live races. The first Irish International Grand Prix was held in the grounds of Phoenix Park in 1929, fast forward over 90 years and this salubrious and historic trophy will be awarded to the Frazer-Nash class. The Dublin Grand Prix Trophy will be awarded to the winner of the race of stunning pre-war class cars from the ‘20s and ‘30s.
The unique Martin Birrane Collection will be open, with an impressive collection of iconic cars from the world of motorsport with Formula One, LeMans, Nascar and procars associated with Porsche, Jordan, Jaguar, Benetton, Ford and many more legendary car manufacturers.
There will be plenty to explore and entertain off track too:- Swing and Drummer bands, a Vintage Funfair, Fairground rides, Games, Face painting and Street food pop ups. Managing Director at Mondello Park, Roddy Greene said ‘I am delighted to announce that the Historic Festival is returning, it is one of the highlights of the year, this unique festival is a favourite with adults and children alike, whether someone is a fan of motorsport, fancies getting dressed up or just coming along for the fun’.
Colm Tully, Managing Director of Carole Nash Ireland said “Carole Nash are extremely proud to help welcome back the Historic Festival to Mondello Park this year. Classic Cars and caring for our community are two things we’re passionate about at Carole Nash and there’s no better way to combine those two things than the Historic Festival. A great day out for the family, an excellent way to support local motorsport and a brilliant way to get together as a community – we cannot wait to be a part of it!”
Ladies and gentlemen, get dressed up to the nines, don your caps and hats for this chance to be transported back in time, to relive the glory days of Motorsport. An unrivalled, unmissable weekend celebrating motor racing, cars and motorcycles with plenty of fun for the whole family.
A day family pass for 2 adults and 2 children is €55, individual tickets is €25 (both with an additional €1 for fees) and are available to buy on www.mondellopark.ie.
Carole Nash Contact: Atlanta@citypress.co.uk About Carole Nash (https://www.carolenash.ie/)
• Carole Nash is part of Atlanta Group, one of the UK’s largest personal lines insurance brokers with 2.6 million customers and sits within the retail platform of the Ardonagh Group, ranked as the UK’s 3rd largest independent insurance broker by Insurance Times magazine in 2021.
• Winner of Personal Lines Broker of the Year (2021: UK Broker Awards, 2020: British Insurance Awards) • Winners of the Industry’s prestigious Insurance Times awards for Marketing Campaign of the Year – B2C 2018
• Winners of the Personal Lines Broking Innovation of the Year award for ‘Bikers Only’ at the British Insurance Awards 2016
• Winners of the Industry’s prestigious Insurance Times awards for Excellence in Motor Broking and Personal Lines Broker of the Year 2015
• The company employs around 400 staff in the UK and Ireland, and provides insurance for over 300,000 classic, vintage, modern, custom and off-road motorcycles – equivalent to around 25 per cent of all licenced machines
• Carole Nash Insurance Consultants (Ireland) DAC is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland (Ref. C187762). Registered in Ireland, number 633718. VAT registration no: 3573512HH. Registered address: Ulysses House, 22/24 Foley Street, Dublin 1, Republic of Ireland.