The Mondello Park based Road Safety programme EARLY-DRIVE was set up in 2004 by Mondello Park and the Irish School of Motoring to provide a new type of young driver safety awareness programme aimed primarily at Transition Year Second Level students.
The EARLY-DRIVE course requires no previous driving experience.
The idea was to use the extensive Mondello Park facilities combined with the training expertise of Irish School of Motoring to demonstrate driver safety in a new and practical manner to young people prior to them becoming drivers.
These aims have been achieved with a mix of classroom, practical sessions and demonstrations which result in students becoming safer pedestrians, cyclists and ultimately drivers.
At EARLY-DRIVE we provide:
– Instructors trained to impart information successfully to teenagers.
– EARLY-DRIVE instructor cars fitted out with dual controls.
– Classroom sessions designed to hold the attention of teenagers.
– Products designed for teenagers and transition year students.
– Practical sessions designed to reinforce learning.
For school / group bookings, please call us on 045860200
The course lasts for a half day and will keep you engaged for the entire duration. We firmly believe that EARLY-DRIVE will be of great benefit to you, in terms of your future road safety as a pedestrian, a cyclists and eventually as a driver.
EARLY-DRIVE individual courses are run on specific days.
The course costs €75 per person and takes approximately 90 minutes to complete.